Posts Tagged ‘Malibu Rum calories’
Lately, I have received many questions by email, mostly general, about Malibu rum. Although I answer with kindness about this marvelous drink, those questions are starting to repeat themselves. I thought it would be great to create a list of the most repeated questions I’ve received, maybe other folks searching for the same information about this rum will find its in this post.
Therefore, here are the top questions received about Malibu rum:
1. What proof is Malibu rum?
This is an easy one. Malibu rum is 42 proof.
2. Malibu rum nutrition information
You would say “yea, sure, only girls are asking how many calories Malibu rum contains”, however, most questions come from men. Well this question usually has more answers while each Malibu rum flavor contains a different number of calories, so here are is the Malibu rum calories list:
- Malibu coconut rum contains 51 calories
- Malibu banana rum has 69 calories
- Malibu mango rum same number of calories as the banana flavor
- Malibu passion fruit rum also, 69 calories
- And last, Malibu pineapple rum…yes, you already guessed, 69 calories
I will come back in a later post with much more detailed information about each Malibu rum flavor’s nutrition information, while some ask “how many carbs are in Malibu rum” or “Does Malibu mango rum contains any fats?”. Stay tuned for a new post about these questions.
3. How much is a bottle of Malibu rum?
This is a really hard question. Why? Because it differs from country to country, from shop to shop. And, of course, price of Malibu rum differs sometimes from flavor to flavor. Now and again, here are some informative prices for this drink, the rum prices are taken from a U.S. online store, so you might find cheaper or higher prices near you:
- Malibu coconut rum price vary from $13.95 for a 750ml bottle to $20.95 for a 1L bottle
- Malibu island melon price is around $13.95 for a 750ml bottle
- Malibu mango rum price the same for 750ml, although this also comes in 1.75L bottle, with a price of around $30.90
- Malibu passion fruit price also $13.95 for 750ml
- Malibu pineapple rum price is around $1.45…for 50ml
- Malibu tropical banana price same, $13.95 for 750ml bottle
4. Malibu rum alcohol content
Well, you know this is a serious easy going rum right? The Malibu rum alcohol percentage is 21%.
I really hope this post will answer some of your questions about Malibu rum.
Do you own the “tool” from this picture? If not, preparing a Malibu Rum cocktail might become a difficult task, therefore let’s read a little.
Whether you are just fancying with cocktails and you are preparing them for your own use or you have just started to learn about drinks preparation for taking it as a job, proportions and quantities of ingredients in a cocktail sometimes create confusion.
Let’s jump a little over specialized terms like “oz” or “shot” and see what they really mean. In the end, you will be able to create fantastic drinks using other “tools” you have in your kitchen (especially tablespoons):
1 oz translates into one ounce and it equals 2 tablespoons of that requested ingredient. It is also the measure unit for 30ml.
1 shot means 3 tablespoons or 45ml.
1 cup means 240 ml or 8 oz.
After we talked about what those “alien measurements” stand for, let’s get a little into nutrition also, while it is related to the famous “oz”.
Therefore, for 1 oz of Malibu Rum (or 30ml of that drink) we have the following nutrition facts:
49-51 kcal (Calories)
215 kj (Energy)
5.4 g Carbs (Carbohydrates)
8 mg of Sodium
6.7 g of Alcohol
0 Fats, Fiber, Protein and Cholesterol
As a little joke: no fats, low alcohol volume and sweet taste: what would a woman require more from this drink?